Beloit Road Construction doesn’t mean we’re not open for business! Whether you are a visitor or resident, check here frequently for interstate construction updates.
Road Construction As of 3/20/2020
I-39/90 expansion and I-43 reconstruction, Beloit
• I-39/90 work near Beloit will continue between WIS 11 (Avalon Road) (Exit 177) and Hart Road. Nighttime lane closures are scheduled.
o Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each travel direction during the daytime, with nightly lane closures to perform work.
I-39/90 expansion and I-43 reconstruction (Illinois state line to Hart Road; County X/Hart Road to Freeman Parkway)
Anticipated construction completion: Fall 2021
• All I-39/90 traffic will be shifted onto the existing southbound lanes the night of Monday, March 23 from Colley Road to Hart Road. Two lanes remain open in each direction, separated by a median barrier wall.
• Access remains OPEN to the Beloit rest area and businesses.
• I-43 traffic will have daily lane closures with on lane open in each direction.
• The loop ramps are CLOSED at the I-39/90 and I-43/WIS 81 interchange in Beloit.
o I-39/90 traffic must use Exit 185 to access I-43 or WIS 81/Milwaukee Road (view the navigation map).
o Ramps and crossroad traffic are controlled by traffic signals.
o Drivers on I-43 should be attentive for reduced speeds heading into Beloit.
• There will be nightly I-39/90 northbound and southbound lane closures of I-39/90 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. to facilitate the upcoming traffic switch.
• Colley Road under I-39/90, near Beloit, is CLOSED until May 2020.
o Alternate local routes are required.
• Ramp Closures schedule for this week:
o I-43 southbound ramp to I-39/90
CLOSED beginning 10 p.m. Monday, March 23 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 24 to facilitate the I-39/90 traffic switch.
o I-39/90 northbound exit ramp to I-43/WIS 81 westbound exit ramp
CLOSED from 10 p.m. Monday, March 23 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 24 to facilitate the I-39/90 traffic switch.
• Exit to Rest Area 22 in Beloit from I-39 northbound:
o CLOSED 10 p.m. Wednesday, March 25 to 5 a.m. Thursday, March 26.
o There will also be a closure of the auxiliary lane between IL-75 and the Rest Area from 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 25 to 10 a.m. Thursday, March 26.