Beloit road construction doesn’t mean we’re not open for business! Whether you are a visitor or resident, check here frequently for interstate construction updates.
Road Construction As of 4/9/2021
I-39/90 and I-43/WIS 81 interchange area reconstruction, Beloit
Illinois state line to Hart Road | County X/Hart Road to Freeman Parkway
Anticipated construction completion: November 2021
• I-39/90 traffic located on new concrete pavement between the Hart Road and Cranston Road overpasses.
o Use Exit 185 to access I-43 or WIS 81/Milwaukee Road. Ramps and crossroad traffic are controlled by traffic signals.
• I-43 traffic is located on the new WIS 81 lanes between I-39/90 and Gateway Blvd. Reduced speed limits from Hart Road to Beloit.
o One lane remains OPEN each way. Watch for lane shifts and crossovers.
o Be alert for construction equipment as bridge construction is taking place within the interchange area.
• NOTE: Drivers using the I-39/90 northbound ramp to I-43 northbound are advised to slow down and drive with caution in this area.
• All WIS 81/Milwaukee Road traffic is shifted onto the eastbound side between Cranston Road and the Ford Street/Freeman Parkway intersection.
o Eastbound (outbound) WIS 81/Milwaukee Road is reduced to one lane within these limits. Plan ahead for backups and delays.
o Two lanes remain open on westbound (inbound) WIS 81/Milwaukee Road.
o Access remains OPEN to local businesses.
• Gateway Boulevard is reduced to one lane in each direction from S. Turtle Town Hall Road west to the railroad tracks.
o Access is maintained to local businesses, including Kerry Corporation.