Beloit road construction doesn’t mean we’re not open for business! Whether you are a visitor or resident, check here frequently for interstate construction updates.
Road Construction As of 7/23/2021
I-39/90 and I-43/WIS 81 interchange area reconstruction, Beloit
Illinois state line to Hart Road | County X/Hart Road to Freeman Parkway
Anticipated construction completion: November 2021
- Updated: SHORT-TERM RAMP CLOSURE: The I-43/WIS 81 ramp to I-39/90 northbound is CLOSED until Friday, July 30.
- Drivers must use alternate routes, such as I-43 to Hart Road then Shopiere Road to the northbound Interstate.
- Crews will pave concrete connections for the new configuration of WIS 81 through the Diverging Diamond Interchange.
- On Friday, July 30, I-43 southbound traffic will be shifted to the new WIS 81 Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) pavement. This temporary configuration will allow I-43 southbound motorists to access I-39/90 southbound or the city of Beloit. At this time, I-43 southbound motorists will also be able to use the new WIS 81 interchange ramp to I-39/90 northbound.
- I-43 northbound motorists will continue to use the detour route to reach I-39/90 northbound.
- I-39/90 traffic located on new concrete pavement between the Hart Road and Cranston Road overpasses.
- Use Exit 185 to access I-43 or WIS 81/Milwaukee Road. Ramps and crossroad traffic are controlled by traffic signals.
- I-43 traffic is located on the new WIS 81 lanes between I-39/90 and Gateway Blvd. Reduced speed limits from Hart Road to Beloit.
- One lane remains OPEN each way. Watch for lane shifts and crossovers.
- Be alert for construction equipment as bridge construction is taking place within the interchange area.
- All WIS 81/Milwaukee Road traffic is shifted onto the eastbound side between Cranston Road and the Ford Street/Freeman Parkway intersection.
- Eastbound (outbound) WIS 81/Milwaukee Road is reduced to one lane within these limits. Plan ahead for backups and delays.
- Two lanes remain open on westbound (inbound) WIS 81/Milwaukee Road.
- Access remains OPEN to local businesses.
- Gateway Boulevard is reduced to one lane in each direction from S. Turtle Town Hall Road west to the railroad tracks.
- Access is maintained to local businesses, including Kerry Corporation.
- Traffic configuration in effect until August 2021.