Shop in a wonderful open-air market in the heart of historic Downtown Beloit. An award-winning community tradition spanning over 50 years, with vendors selling local produce, organics, baked goods, honey, jams & jellies, herbs, bedding plants, fish, meat, eggs & cheese, fresh flowers, artisan crafts, scents & skin care. “Meet me at State & Grand!” Our market gladly accepts SNAP and WIC!
The Beloit Farmers’ Market is opening for the season on June 6, 2020, with safety precautions in place to help ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, vendors and customers. Please see the following changes before coming to the market:
• Hours are from 9am to noon Saturdays.
• 300 guests (updated 6/16/20) will be allowed into the market at one time. It is suggested to please only send one member from your household to give everyone an opportunity to shop at the market.
• The entrance to the market will be at Broad and State streets. There will be a line at Broad Street with 6 feet distancing between individuals. The market exit will be at Grand Avenue and Pleasant Street.
• Vendors will be limited to food-only sales. Only 47 vendors (updated 6/16/20) will be featured at the market to allow for 15 feet between each vendor booth.
• Customers are prohibited from touching food items prior to purchase. The vendors are required to have one employee select the food and another employee handle the purchases.
• Visitors should not eat their food while in the market or gather with others. Please exit the market after making your purchases to allow others to enter the market.
• Vendors are to sanitize their hands between transactions and maintain six feet of physical distancing.
• Market staff, vendors and volunteers will be wearing face coverings. Market visitors are highly encouraged and recommended to wear a face covering while at the market.
• You are recommended to bring your own hand sanitizer to the market. However, we will have hand sanitization stations available to those who need it.
• Pets are not allowed in the market; pets have not been allowed since September 2014.
The operation of the Beloit Farmers’ Market will be reviewed and adjusted as needed should any safety concerns arise. Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/beloitfarmersmarket to receive any updates.
We appreciate the long-time support of the Beloit community in putting together the Beloit Farmers’ Market. We urge patience and understanding as we bring back the market with enhanced safety precautions.