Thank you for registering for the inaugural Broadcast Symposium and Dream Job Competition here in Beloit. We are excited to have you here! The following information may be helpful in finalizing your travel plans or to have while you are here.
A few updates on the event specifics:
- The event has been moved to ABC Supply Stadium (217 Shirland Avenue Beloit, WI 53511). The brand new home of the Beloit Sky Carp.
- A map for parking options can be found here.
- Visit Beloit will be providing a shuttle from our hotels located on Milwaukee Road to the stadium and back to the hotels for all three days of the event.
- The shuttle will stop at the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn which are both easily accessible to all hotels in the area.
- If you need to book a hotel you can find information on all hotels in the Beloit area here.
- If you need transportation you can find information on Beloit transportation here.
- Friday night will be a casual welcome reception at ABC Supply Stadium with light appetizers, soft drinks, and live music.
- Dress attire for the Symposium on Saturday and Sunday is business casual.
- There will be a small job fair in conjunction with the event on Sunday.
- Job details will be posted Friday night and Saturday morning.
- Resumes will be accepted while job details are posted.
- Make sure to bring a few copies of your resume.
- Interviews will take place shortly after the conclusion of the keynote on Sunday.
We also wanted to provide parameters for the Dream Job Contest:
- All demo submissions have been reviewed by our broadcast professionals.
- The top seven (7) submissions based on review score will be selected for the live competition.
- The finalists will be revealed on Saturday during the Symposium.
- The winner of the competition will receive a broadcasting position with the Beloit Sky Carp for their 2022 season.
- All finalists will receive prize money following the event based on their final ranking.
Finally, we would like to provide some of the details on how the Dream Job Contest will be conducted:
- Each finalist will be assigned one half-inning of a previously played MLB game to provide play-by-play as if it was happening live.
- The specific teams and year of the game will be revealed to the finalists on Saturday at the Closing Keynote.
- The specific inning and game will not be revealed until each candidate enters the Press Box on Sunday.
- The finalists will make the call from the ABC Supply Stadium Press Box.
- Following the half inning, each contestant will then receive feedback from the judging panel.
- Contestants will not be allowed to listen to other contestants call or feedback prior to competing.
- The winner of the contest will be announced following the closing keynote.
If you have any questions while here, please reach out to:
Matthew Bosen, Visit Beloit Director of Sales and Servicing