Postponed Until January 7-9, 2022
The Sports Broadcast Symposium will take place at the Beloit College Powerhouse in Beloit, Wisconsin.
Attend the Broadcast Symposium so you can learn techniques to help you jump start your sports broadcasting career. And, the bonus is that you could win a paid sports broadcasting position and other cash prizes!
This educational sports broadcast symposium is centered on career assistance for those interested in sports broadcasting and media relations with multiple networking opportunities with professionals in the industry.
Dream Job Competition:
The winner of the competition will receive a PAID 2022 sports broadcasting position for the Beloit Snappers, a Midwest League High-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins! Other finalists will receive cash prizes.
Interview for a variety of sports positions for the 2022 season. More details coming soon!
Registration: $285. More details coming soon.
- Anyone 18 and older is eligible to register to attend.
- All registrants must submit basic personal information requirements.
- Registrants do not have to participate in the Dream Job Competition, but entry is included in the registration cost.
- Tickets are non-refundable unless we are forced to cancel the event due to COVID-19.
Fill out this form to receive updates about the event to your inbox!
By filling out the above form, you agree to receive emails from Visit Beloit.
Demo Content and Submission Rules
- Applications must include TWO of the following sports broadcasting skills from any sport:
- Sports update anchoring (radio)
- Sports talk show hosting or podcasting
- Play-by-play samples should be continuous unedited clips. DO NOT SEND HIGHLIGHTS.
- Each skill should be five to seven minutes for a total demo length between 10 and 14 minutes.
- Do not submit dramatic late game play-by-play sequences.
- Interviews should be in their entirety, not just your questions.
- Sports talk samples must NOT include more than one co-host.
- While demo content from any sport is allowed, the final competition will be baseball focused.
- Upload one MP3 and/or one video file to Visit Beloit’s DropBox (you will receive the link after you register.)
- Do NOT send audio or video attachments.
- Do submit a vertical headshot at least 300 dpi in jpg format.
- Deadline for all documentation submissions for registrants is September 30, 2021.
Dream Job Details and Awards
- Ten finalists will be chosen from the maximum 200 registered attendees by a panel of judges.
- The finalists will compete in a broadcasting competition during the symposium in front of all attendees and a panel of judges.
- One winner will be selected by the judging panel to win the paid broadcasting position with the Beloit Snappers.
- All ten finalists will receive cash/scholarship prizes.
- There will be one judges’ choice award that all registrants with a demo submission will be eligible for.
As in any contest, conflicts may arise. Issues involving judging of entries will be resolved by the judges; their decisions will be final. Issues involving interpretation of the rules will be settled by the judges. Their decisions will be final.
Judging will be done by broadcast professionals involved with this event.