January 6-8, 2023
Want a shot at a paid broadcasting position? Register today and submit your demo for the Dream Job Competition!
Passionate about broadcasting but not ready for the spotlight? Register for the symposium to learn from the pros, network, and prepare for the next competition!
The Broadcast Symposium will feature events at three locations in Beloit, Wisconsin. The Ironworks Golf Lab, Beloit College Powerhouse, and ABC Supply Stadium.
Attend the Broadcast Symposium to learn techniques that will jump start your sports broadcasting career and you could win a paid sports broadcasting position and other cash prizes!
This educational sports broadcast symposium is centered on career assistance for those interested in sports broadcasting and media relations with multiple networking opportunities with professionals in the industry.
Dream Job Competition (optional):
The winner of the competition will receive a PAID 2023 sports broadcasting position with Studer Entertainment, owners of the Beloit Sky Carp (High-A Miami Marlins) and Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Double A Miami Marlins)! Other finalists will receive cash prizes.
Registration: Opens September 1, 2022
- Regular Registration – $265.00
- Early Bird Registration – $215.00 (September 1 – October 31)
- Early Bird Code – Wisconsin
- Anyone 18 and older is eligible to register to attend.
- All registrants must submit basic personal information requirements.
- Participation in Dream Job Competition is not mandatory but entry is included in registration.
- Tickets are non-refundable unless we are forced to cancel the event due to COVID-19.
Dream Job Demo Content and Submission Rules
If you are entering the contest, these are the requirements:
- Applications must include play-by-play sports broadcasting skills from any sport.
- Play-by-play samples should be continuous unedited clips. DO NOT SEND HIGHLIGHTS.
- Demo length should be five to seven minutes.
- Do not submit dramatic late game play-by-play sequences.
- While demo content from any sport is allowed, the final competition will be baseball focused.
- Upload one MP3 and/or one video file to Visit Beloit’s DropBox (you will receive the link after you register).
- Do NOT send audio or video attachments.
- Do submit a vertical headshot at least 300 dpi in jpg format.
- Deadline for all documentation submissions for registrants is October 31, 2022.
Dream Job Details and Awards
- Finalists will be chosen from the maximum 200 registered attendees by a panel of judges.
- The finalists will compete in a broadcasting competition during the symposium in front of all attendees and a panel of judges.
- One winner will be selected by the judging panel to win the paid broadcasting position with Studer Entertainment.
As in any contest, conflicts may arise. Issues involving judging of entries will be resolved by the judges; their decisions will be final. Issues involving interpretation of the rules will be settled by the judges. Their decisions will be final.
Judging will be done by broadcast professionals involved with this event.