Official Rules for “2019 Win a Getaway” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. ENTRANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. ALSO, THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE U.S. AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) (THE “ELIGIBILITY AREA”) ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO WISCONSIN LAW. DO NOT PROCEED FURTHER IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and Canada (excluding Quebec) and eighteen (18) years of age or older and legal residents of the Eligibility Area. Employees, officers, and directors of the Beloit Convention & Visitors Bureau (the “CVB”), their promotional partners, and members of their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, and husband or wife), together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to enter. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:30 p.m. (CT) on Friday, March 22, 2019 and ends at 12:00 p.m. (CT) on Friday, June 28, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The deadline for receipt of entry is 11:59 a.m.(CT) on Friday, June 28, 2019.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete and submit the online Sweepstakes entry form at www.visitbeloit.com/win (“Web Site”). Complete the entry form and submit as directed. Entries can also be mailed using a self-addressed stamped envelope to “2019 Win a Getaway” Sweepstakes, c/o Visit Beloit, 25 Eclipse Center, Beloit, WI 53511. All entries must include entrant’s name, address/state/zip code/ country, daytime telephone number, e-mail address (if any), and birth date. The first and last name provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected and qualified for a prize, the identity of the winner. By using functions such as “Like ”, “Comment”, and “Share” of the contest post on www.facebook.com/ VisitBeloit, there is no additional benefit that will increase or decrease the odds of entering this sweepstakes. The use of a bogus name or e-mail address will disqualify an entrant. There is a limit of one (1) entry per e-mail address, per person, and/or per family or household. Any duplicate entries, after the first entry, will be void. By entering the Sweepstakes, an entrant consents to receiving additional CVB promotional information. By participating, the winner grants the CVB exclusive permission to use their image, name and city/state in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or compensation for such use. All entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. All entries become the property of the CVB. In the event of a dispute, the “entrant” for e-mail entries is the person in whose name the e-mail account is held. The CVB is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, postage due, misdirected or mutilated mail or email; for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; or for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the CVB.
4. PRIZES: One (1) potential winner will be selected by a random drawing within five (5) business days after the Sweepstakes date has expired from all eligible online entries received by the CVB by 11:59 p.m. (CT) on the day the promotion expires. The administration of the Sweepstakes and the drawing will be overseen by the CVB, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners.
5. The following prize will be given away: Grand Prize (1): Two-night stay in Ironworks Hotel (offer based on hotel room availability. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply. ($500 Value); $100 Gift Card for Clara Bo & Gatsby Wine Bar; $25 Gift Card for Shopping in Downtown Beloit; $75 Gift Card for any Geronimo Hospitality Restaurant; Wine Tasting for Two, Two Souvenir Glasses, and One Bottle of Wine at DC Estate Winery ($50 Value); Two Gift Certificates for Tandem Skydive; Two tickets to Historic Auto Attractions. The winner must pay applicable taxes, if any, on the accepted prize.
6. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail by a CVB representative. The potential Grand Prize winner will be given three (3) business days from the first time/day of notification to respond to the CVB in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner has not responded to the CVB within the specified three (3) days, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from the pool of eligible entries. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. All expenses not specified are winner’s sole responsibility. No cash alternative or other substitution allowed. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes shall constitute an entrant’s consent to be bound by these Official Rules and to conform to all federal, state, and local laws. The CVB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, whether in cash or otherwise, if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. (A potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identity, address and birth date in order to receive a prize.)
7. The CVB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with any Web site mechanism, acts in a disruptive manner, or violates these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF SUCH ENTRANT. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CVB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. The CVB reserves the right to modify the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes in any way or at any time. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by Wisconsin law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Wisconsin courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes. All taxes on prizes and expenses relating to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, agree a) to these rules and shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this promotion; b) to release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the CVB (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or rights of publicity or privacy), arising out of or in connection with the promotion or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the promotion or any promotion related activity or travel related activity; and c) if a winner, by acceptance of prize, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and/or likeness, at any time or times, for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation by the CVB.
9. WINNER’S NAME: The winner’s name may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the CVB at the address listed below.
10. THE SPONSOR: Visit Beloit, 25 Eclipse Center, Beloit, WI 53511
11. The winner will receive a letter detailing list of prizes. Winner must make hotel reservations through Visit Beloit. Other gift cards/vouchers will be available for pickup at the hotel service desk upon arrival. Prize(s) must be used within six (6) months from date of notification of winning the sweepstakes. Visit Beloit is not responsible for any hotel charges other than room fee—winner must provide hotel with credit card for incidentals. Winner responsible for canceling hotel reservation at least 24 hours in advance by contacting hotel directly.