NEW! Joint Effort in Tourism grants are changing beginning January 1, 2019. Click here for the guidelines, application, scoring sheet. These documents and process will go into effect next year. Two grant workshops will be held this fall.
Applications for the 2018 2nd round J.E.T. and C.I.P. grants are now closed.
Final grant approvals for the 2018 2nd round will be made on September 26, 2018.
Click here for the Grant Payment Request Summary document.
Click here to submit your final grant report.
Questions? Contact Celestino Ruffini at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Community Improvement Program (C.I.P.) Grant – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The mission of Visit Beloit is to attract consumers to the greater Beloit region to experience our attractive, vibrant community and to ensure we gain them as a repeat visitor. This grant program was established to support a wide range of projects through local municipalities within our service area.
Visit Beloit is primarily funded by hotel/motel taxes paid by visitors staying in lodging facilities.
Grants can only be awarded to the municipalities of City of Beloit, WI, City of South Beloit, IL and Village of Rockton, IL that meet Visit Beloit’s goal to build the Beloit region as a tourism destination. Applying for a grant does not guarantee receipt of funding. This grant can only be applied for by a municipality in order to assist with their efforts in adding or rejuvenating tourism-related infrastructure, such as wayfinding signage, multi-use trails, waterway access, benches, etc. in their community. This grant program is not intended for projects such as roadways or utilities. We want to improve the Beloit region in ways that visitors and locals alike will enjoy, like new construction, improving infrastructure, beautification, renovations and repairs.
Eligibility and Criteria for Funding
• Only the municipalities of City of Beloit, WI, City of South Beloit, IL and the Village of Rockton, IL can apply for this grant.
• Multiple projects per municipality can be funded each calendar year.
• Tourism-related infrastructure that is added or rejuvenated must be within the grant recipient’s municipal boundaries.
• Annually, the City of Beloit, WI is eligible for up to $7,500, and the City of South Beloit, IL and the Village of Rockton, IL are each eligible for up to $1,250 respectively.
• Applicants are required to submit a Visit Beloit grant application form.
• All proposed projects must show a budget detailing any revenue or matching grants being received from other sources, as well as estimated expenses.
• Grant does not include Visit Beloit staff time or resources.
• All applicants are required to submit a written final report. Failure to submit a final report will disqualify the municipality from receiving the grant.
• The need for the tourism-related infrastructure to be added or rejuvenated should be described in the application.
All applications will be reviewed by the grant advisory committee and submitted to the Visit Beloit Board of Directors for final approval.
The applicant must complete the following application materials to be considered eligible for a C.I.P. Grant. Applicant materials to be submitted include:
• Application form.
• Proposed budget with revenues and expenses for the project.
• Submit application by deadline. Incomplete/late applications will not be accepted.
Anything related to the project must include the following from Visit Beloit: logo, website, and the verbiage “Supported by the Visit Beloit C.I.P. Grant Program” as appropriate.